Mercedes-Benz of Farmington is looking for a Parts Advisor to assist in the efficient operation of a the parts department. We offer great benefits, a truly world-class work environment and great earning potential.Apply at
careers.schomp.com. Mercedes-Benz of Farmington provides a rare blend of outstanding leadership and a culture that is distinctively people-oriented. We offer you a professional working environment with continuous training and performance excellence as a team member of one of the Rocky Mountain Region’s oldest and most successful automotive groups. .
The Parts Advisor is responsible to accurately and efficiently specify and fill correct parts for technicians, retail and wholesale customers.
* Punctual and regular attendance. * Handle orders and requests for information efficiently from customers via telephone and over-the-counter by understanding the manufacturer's parts system and ordering procedures.
* Responsible to accurately specify and identify parts needed to meet customer requirements, so part returns due to errors is low.
* Maintain accurate sales and inventory records of all invoiced items. Accurately cost out parts and accessories on counter tickets and repair orders.
* Facilitate online transactions for Parts, including but not limited to Amazon.com, Ebay
* Adhere to QMS/EXCELL guidelines and programs.
* Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of counters, displays, shelves, bins, and customer contact area by following good housekeeping procedures.
* Generate goodwill by greeting and serving every customer anywhere on dealership property courteously and promptly.
Listen for and answer phones in an expedient manner.
* Record lost sales due to unavailability of parts.
* Maintain inventory on shelves and in bins by reporting items needing to be reordered, identifying any discrepancies in stock levels, and returning unsold items to stock.
* Order non-stock or special order parts by preparing parts requisitions for these items following our special order parts process.
* Follow up on special ordered items, and notify the customer and technicians when received.
* Follow up the sales process by issuing parts and accessories to technicians and preparing and pulling orders for delivery and will call.
* Order parts in a means beneficial both to the customer and Mercedes-Benz of Farmington.
* Establish an ongoing support relationship with wholesale customers by answering questions and assisting them in obtaining needed parts.
* Upgrade knowledge of Mercedes-Benz products and services by training on-the-job and participating in educational and development programs.
* Maintain a good working relationship with peers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Shop Foreman, and other employees to effectively, efficiently, and positvely communicate ideas and information.
* Practice safe work habits, follow the Company's safety policies, and use personal protective equipment as required.
* Dress appropriately and maintain a neat personal appearance.
* Adhere to the Company's Core Values of Competitive, Consistent, Adaptable, Respectful, and Empathetic.
JOB REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Must maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude in all that we do.
* Maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
* Ablility to maintain emotional control in stressful situations.
* Must be able to read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
* Able to use/learn to use: ASR, DealerTrack, DMS, technical software, and manufacturer's diagnostic equipment as required.
* Must maintain a clean, safe work environment at all times.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
* Prior experience as a Parts Counterperson, is preferred.
* The ability to work independently with limited supervision and the motivation to continually increase product knowledge should be evident.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver license.
* Mustt possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to operate hand tools, machinery, computers, diagnostic tools, and other shop machines in order to perform the requisite job functions.
* Visual acuity to see detail of objects that are less than a few feet away. Requires extended visual inspection of work area and components, as well as reading and entering information on computer screens.
* Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
* Requires frequent reaching, bending, repetitive hand movements, twisting, standing, walking, sitting, squatting, pushing, and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.
* Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted.
* Ability to work in extreme weater conditions in both summer and winter.
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization.
Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including:
* A competitive compensation package that rewards high-performers
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
* Life Insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service
* Paid time-off
* We also offer a group of supplemental benefit plans including short-term disability, long-term disability, supplemental life insurance and All-State Insurance products.
* Comprehensive employee recognition programs
* Continued training through Mercedes-Benz of Farmington and the manufacturer
* Opportunities for career advancement
* Fully equipped workout gym! Please no phone calls or in person submittals - All applications must be completed and submitted online - We will review your resume and be in contact with you should it fit our current needs and requirements - Thank you for your interest in the Mercedes-Benz of Farmington.
Apply online at careers.schomp.com. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Employees will observe all policies and guidelines as set forth by Mercedes-Benz of Farmington.
Employees must be attentive to customer needs and responsive to customer inquiries.
Must maintain clean and orderly work area.
Submit to and successfully complete background check, and pre-employment drug test.
Mercedes-Benz of Farmington, a Schomp Automotive Group Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Farmington, UT (84025)