Rare opportunity to use your leadership skills to make a global difference in the Foodservice Distribution Industry…
Take charge as our Vice President, Industry Relations!
The Vice President, Industry Relations is responsible for providing leadership, oversight, coordination and execution of all industry programs and services including, but not limited to, events and educational programs, research and insights, leadership committees and share groups, allied membership and sponsorship and exposition sales. The Vice President must ensure that all activities are aligned with IFDA’s mission and the direction of the Board of Directors is executed. The collaborative term-builder we need will genuinely respect diverse points-of-view and strive for an environment in which inclusiveness drives productivity and results.
- Work with IFDA’s Board of Directors and President & CEO to develop, communicate and execute the overall strategic vision, action plans and tactics for the associations events, research & insights, talent and technology initiatives;
- Identify the needs of member companies and develop solutions that provide timely and pertinent member benefits;
- Oversee content development for member education programs;
- Oversee the development and execution of IFDA’s original research and benchmarking surveys;
- Lead various industry committees and develop appropriate projects based on member needs; Specifically the Operations Leadership Committee, Sales & Marketing Committee and Supplier Advisory Council;
- Provide oversight for Operations, Financial, HR and IT Share Groups;
- Develop annual industry relations budgets and monitor ongoing adherence to budgets;
- Prepare and deliver public speeches and presentations as necessary;
- Develop and build mutually beneficial relationships with allied industry associations, key stakeholders and other internal/external audiences;
- Formulate strategies to grow allied membership and sponsorships;
- Provide site selection oversight for the Distribution Solutions Conference and Expo, Partners Executive Forum and SMart Conference;
- Collaborate with the Director, Communications and Marketing on strategies to improve the Association’s overall marketing and communications efforts in support of IFDA’s various industry programs and services; and,
- All other special projects as assigned by the President & CEO.
Direct supervisory responsibility includes the authority to hire, discharge, promote, reward or discipline subordinate employees or effectively recommend such actions. The Vice President, Industry Relations leads a department of four directors.