GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Traffic Control Foreman provides management for traffic control crew and their material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule.
Assists in supervising, leads, assigns, participates in, and inspects the work of crews involved in all aspects of traffic control; i.e., road striping, pavement marking, and the fabrication and installation of all types of temporary and permanent signs and traffic control devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and complete a job safety analysis every morning to address safety concerns to ensure the employees work in a safe manner.
- Oversee crew's activities efficiently.
- Supervise, manage, and direct the training, development, appraisal and work assignments crew members.
- Have a strong understanding of the project plans for specific duties.
- Have a strong comprehension of blue prints and specifications.
- Manage tools, materials and supplies.
- Manage the equipment utilization.
- Immediate response to site production issues.
- Report the crew's hours worked and code time accurately on daily timesheet.
- Whatever enhances the operations of the company.
- Installation and maintenance of project traffic control devices and measures according to project documents.
- Record and maintain periodic documentation of traffic devices and repairs made according to Webber policy.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Safety Representative and/or supervisor.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience building highways/roads is required
- Less than high school diploma
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Drivers License, OSHA10/30, First Aid and CPR
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Location/Region: Austin, TX