Performs administrative services to lending officers and supports other members of the lending department as well.
• Assist and support lending officers in loan documentation process, closing loans, perfecting liens, maintaining credit and collateral files, order lien searches and title commitments.
• Respond to customer inquiries about existing commercial or consumer loans. Close new and renewed commercial and consumer loans and ensure accurate execution of all documents and receipt of all fees.
• Provide customers with a central information point for inquiries regarding transactions, account status and operational issues.
• Act as a liaison between customers and lending officers to facilitate account servicing, research and coordinate resolution of routine account problems related to overdrafts, returned items, stop payments, etc.
• Provide basic secretarial support to all lending officers.
• Assist lending officers with the administration and development of banking relationships including daily interface with customers, other financial institutions and internal departments.
• Monitors maturing loans, past dues and credit collateral exceptions.
• Process requests for loan advances and verify availability if requested funds, prepare tickets manually on loan payments, advances, loan fees, recording and related fees.
• Prepare closing instructions and send to attorneys or title companies.
• Respond to referrals and general inquiries about lending.
• Responsible for the maintenance and organization of loan files.
• Assist in compiling loan documentation, sending closing instructions, ordering appraisals and surveys, and closing the loans.
• Other duties, as assigned by Management; some branch Lending Assistants perform additional duties:
a. Open new accounts
b. Perform teller functions
c. Create debit cards and re-pin as needed
d. Accept stop payments
e. Online Banking resets
• Education and Experience: High school graduate or equivalent. One-two years lending assistant experience preferred.
• Customer service experience preferred.
• Must be proficient with word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to understand and provide accurate and timely resolutions to customer questions and/or problems.
• Must be customer service, multi-task, and detail oriented.
• Strong analytical ability required in order to gather and interpret data in situations where the problems are moderately complex.
• Able to prioritize duties and effectively manage time.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Effective written communication skills.
• Strong sense of customer service.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to work in a team environment.