The Cook Supervisor supervises workers to ensure that meal and food items are prepared in accordance with production requirements. Trains workers in methods of performing duties and assigns/coordinates work to promote efficiency of operation. May requisition supplies and equipment to maintain inventory levels. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by client based on location.
- Determines daily schedules, work areas, and assignments for workers and/or client staff food service workers and cooks
- Oversees the completion of tasks
- Trains and guides inmates and staff on job duties, proper food safety and sanitation procedures, cooking methods, etc.
- Reviews monthly menu, conducts inventory, and ensures that the appropriate product is ordered
- Adheres to security procedures to facilitate the safety of yourself and others including ensuring that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated secure area
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation.
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Minimum of one (1) year of food prep or related work required
- Previous supervisory experience in a related role preferred
- Previous experience interacting with inmates a plus
- Must be able to obtain a food safety certification
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and policies
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling up to 25 lbs.
Location/Region: Austin, TX