Application Deadline: Monday, July 29, 2019 5:00 PM PDT
Online Applications Only
The City of Eugene is seeking a driven, dedicated and highly organized individual to join the Central Services Department Administration Team as Executive Assistant. Central Services Administration Team provides executive leadership, organizational support and financial planning and management services to all Central Services divisions and other internal customers in helping them achieve City Council goals and implement key City initiatives and projects.
As an organization, we are committed to promoting and developing six core competencies for our employees:
· Trust and confidence – Making our intent and actions be transparent and honest while fostering healthy, inclusive relationships, actively listening and maintaining open communications, delivering on our promises, investing in other's success, and engaging each other and the community.
· Creative work environment – Exploring meaningful new ideas and relationships to foster innovation and encourage collaboration and creativity. Challenging the standard methods of doing business in a positive environment.
· Now and Later perspective – Looking beyond the day-to-day challenges to better anticipate the future and adjust to change.
· Respectful and inclusive work environment – Seeking out a wide range of voices and making each other feel respected and included.
· Self-awareness and emotional intelligence – Learning to recognize and understand our own emotions and the emotions of others and recognizing our individual strengths and weakness to raise self-awareness so we can perform better.
· Wellbeing - We take care of ourselves and each other.
This position resides in the Central Services Department, which includes the following seven divisions: Information Services, Risk Services, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities Management, City Manager's Office and Municipal Court. Central Services staff work creatively and collaboratively to address the daily needs of our customers and community, while being nimble and responsive in supporting an ever-changing workforce. The primary focus of this position is on supporting the Central Services Executive Director. Additionally, this position will support the Central Services leadership team comprised of the Executive Director and managers of our seven divisions.
Department/Division: Central Services Department
Location: 100 W. 10th Avenue, Eugene
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with occasional weekends and evenings per business need
Online Applications only
Must pass a criminal records check
Key Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
· Knowledge of principles and practices of large, complex organizations, including municipal organizational structure, services and operations.
· General understanding of federal, state and local laws, statutes and regulations related to the administration and management of the City government.
· Experience with office applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and internet environment.
· Ability to perform a variety of senior-level administrative support duties with minimal supervision and to exercise independent professional judgment and a high level of discretion.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, using good judgment, courtesy, and tact.
· Being able to facilitate and/or organize and lead meetings.
· Ability to develop, prepare and present a variety of written reports and other documents.
· Ability to evaluate problems, identify solutions, anticipate consequences of proposed actions, and implement solutions in support of Department goals.
The following qualifications are preferred but not required for this position:
· Experience with preparing written and electronic publications and graphic design.
· Experience with enterprise intranet communications platforms such as Microsoft SharePoint.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Three years of progressively responsible administrative and office experience, preferably in support of a senior level official or manager.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Post-secondary education in business or office management is preferred.
License and Certificate:
Valid Oregon driver's license, or ability to obtain one by date of hire; must pass driving records check and, if hired, maintain a driving record that meets the City's standards. Oregon law requires that an out-of-state license holder must obtain a valid Oregon license (with appropriate endorsements) within 30 days of becoming domiciled in the state (ORS 803.355).
Location/Region: Eugene, OR