It's a Southern Thing, the south's most popular comedy brand, is seeking an experienced Ecommerce Merchandise Manager to help us serve our 3 million fans with great southern- themed merchandise while helping us continue to grow our footprint as THE home for modern Southern identity.
The position will be responsible for helping us unlock phase two of our ecommerce growth plan and will need to have a proven track record in merchandise buying, ecommerce channels, customer analytics and the ability to serve the needs of an audience excited to express their southern roots. Experience with product development and global sourcing preferred. College degree or comparable work experience, three years preferred.
The right candidate will be deeply collaborative and comfortable with a startup environment and will need to be adept at both generating creative ideas and executing them.
Proven success in online merchandising/buying/product development is necessary. The successful applicant will need to be able to rapidly grow our product lines in a variety of online shopping environments and across a variety of demographics.
Remote work is possible for the right candidate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Lead the selection and creation of apparel, home decor, games and gifts for It's a Southern Thing, including the development of multiple lines across online sales channels (Instagram, Shopify, etc)
* Establish product lifecycles that align with buy now/wear now approach; maintain ongoing brand product catalog; and drive holiday gift planning and promotion
* Work with our content and marketing team to develop and execute product campaigns that drive excitement and engagement through great product storytelling to further the brand's mission.
* Test and implementing new promotional and pricing strategies
* Prepare and analyze reports on product performance to share with senior leadership
Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, operates the leading news and information companies in more than 24 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus.
Advance Local includes MLive Media Group, Advance Ohio, Alabama Media Group, NJ Advance Media, Advance Media NY, MassLive Media, Oregonian Media Group, Staten Island Media Group, Advance 360, The Alpha Group, Headline Studio, PA Media Group, and our Enterprise Digital Innovation team. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL (35203)