Leads, manages and develops an assigned territory within a region (West or East Car Sales locations) to achieve operational success and financial profitability.
Develops and executes short-term strategies, solutions and improvements; and is responsible for all operational activities undertaken within the region. Performs duties and provides service in accordance to established operation procedures and company policies.
- Please list the duties and responsibilities of this position that are essential to get the job done in order of importance.
- Please describe the duty or responsibility, what is done (not how it is done), and indicate what percentage of time each duty and responsibility represents.
- Develops implements and communicates Sales operating plans that maximize revenue and grow market share, within plan objectives and company guidelines. Monitors performance against plan and establishes or revises plans, procedures and standards, as appropriate, to maximize profits.
- Sets monthly goals for each location’s key operating performance measurements.
- Develops and implement effective sales and marketing strategies that maximize all sales opportunities.
- Oversees the activities involved in the start-up of operations in different locations on the region assigned, supervising the correct implementation of the plan (infrastructure, staff to hire, etc.)
- Reviews and evaluates capital projects for future growth at the region assigned
- Works with WHQ, Sales and Marketing functions to develop sales policy, long-range sales objectives and local marketing plans. Partners with management and Supply Chain team on all fleet related matters.
- Maintains and develops existing and new customers, while optimizing quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction. Build and maintain effective referral relationships to maximize referral opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains professional relationships with local business organizations
- Hires, supervises, trains, develops, motivates and evaluates the performance of manager and employee staff. Implements HR department policies in the area of discipline, discharge, motivation and performance in a consistent and fair manner, referring to the appropriate HR manuals to ensure adherence.
- Establishes, communicates, monitors and updates objectives for staff consistent with the Company goals and objectives.
Qualifications (may vary by level)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Economics, or Management.
- 10 years of operational management experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong operational experience with exposure to fleet administration, accounting, and rent-a-car operations.
- Working knowledge of Avis and Budget brands, fleet planning and administration, awareness of business trends and human relations skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills. Must be able to provide direction and support to a large number of staff across multiple markets/locations.
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills. Ability to interact with both external and internal customers at all levels. Ability to manage and motivate staff in a team environment.
- Detail oriented with strong aptitude for problem solving.
- Strong decision-making and organizational skills
- Strong analytical & computer skills,
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Travel Requirements: Moderate travel is required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
Avis Budget is an Equal Opportunity employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories