The individual selected for this position will act as the first point of contact and receptionist for Human Resources, delivering high quality customer service, greeting visitors in person or via telephone and assisting in providing and gathering information, materials, or routing visitors to correct personnel.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
Serves as the office receptionist by greeting all visitors including university employees, students, vendors, and others in a positive, enthusiastic, and approachable manner ensuring all visitors feel welcomed.
Asks how visitors can be assisted providing and gathering information, materials, or routing visitors to the correct personnel.
Stays abreast of situations in regards to security purposes, when necessary alerts appropriate personnel to respond to incidents.
2. Answers a multi-line telephone greeting all callers positively.
Assists in answering questions, providing factual information, taking messages, or routing calls according to office procedures utilizing organizational familiarity and necessary discretion.
3. Exercises discretion in the performance of the assigned duties by remaining knowledgeable about departmental policies, procedures, operations, and occurrences adapting quickly to change when necessary.
Prioritizes multiple demands in a fast paced environment while delivering exemplary customer service to visitors.
Notifies supervisor of non-routine incidents or matters of importance.
4. Maintains accurate information and documents relating to the functions of the office either by performing basic records maintenance of alphabetical, chronological, and/or numerical files or by performing basic data entry of information into an established database.
Ensures that a proper supply of office documents and forms are available at all times for visitors.
5. Maintains the appearance of the office which may include, but is not limited to, straightening chairs and tables, watering plants, arranging displayed items, turning on and off lights, etc.
6. Performs a variety of clerical duties, which may include (but not limited to): typing and correspondence, filing and recordkeeping, preparation of forms or flyers, maintaining calendars and scheduling, distributing mail and coordinating outgoing mailings, and ordering supplies and reviewing inventory.
7. Contributes to the overall success of the office by performing other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Entry into the applicant pool requires a high school diploma or equivalent; plus three (3) years of experience as a receptionist or in a customer service role in a large office setting; the ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds; ability to operate photocopier or other standard office machines, perform routine alpha-numeric filing tasks, and perform basic recordkeeping and tabulation tasks; ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships; ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast paced work environment while delivering exemplary customer service; professional appearance and demeanor; and effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment site and attach a cover letter, resume and professional references.
Only complete application materials will be accepted for review.
A commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus environment is required.
Location/Region: Auburn University, AL (36849)